Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Welcome to My Blog! "Yes Day!" Part 1

Yes Day!


Welcome to my blog! I am thrilled to be connecting with you through a medium that brings me joy and peace-the written word. The decision to start a blog with my Twitter handle stems from wanting to share a tweet about a tradition I started with my son a few years ago. However, the limited characters allowed on Twitter wouldn’t give me the opportunity to share enough about “Yes Day!". 


So, if you like my blog, you can thank this tradition and if you don’t, you can blame the tradition. I hope to share more of my thoughts and experiences related to my love of learning. As my handle name, @lovetolearnrun, states, I LOVE to LEARN and RUN! If education was affordable, I would be a life-long graduate student, earning degrees in as many fields as I could until I no longer possessed my current analytical and critical thinking skills. Fortunately, learning and running keeps the mind sharp.





My first post is related to parenting, the role I have embraced whole-heartedly and place as my greatest achievement. Of course, it is not always bliss, like all great endeavors, there are ups and downs, but, having both extremes is what makes it a well-worth journey. A journey I, initially, imagined would be long, but, the more I explore and travel through it, the more I want to remain in certain spots and enjoy it with all my senses. 




Sadly, life is not a sci-fi book or movie where I have the ability to pause the moments I want to last longer than the few seconds I am given. While parenting takes us through a plethora of adventures, all experiences give parent and child the opportunity to learn and grow. I’m not certain how often I will be posting because at the moment I am trying to complete the first draft of the first book I want to publish. I have written a few, but, I’m not ready to publish those, yet. Like everything I undertake and embark on, I like to take baby steps and only when ready do I commit. But, I’m well worth the wait because when I commit- I COMMIT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment